Photography and Recipe by The Anonymous Chef. kitchenwarecollective.com/talent/theanonymouschef
- 1¼ cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup CSR Rapadura Sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 150g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons CSR golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Place the flour, oats, Rapdura sugar, cinnamon and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the CSR golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted.
- Mix the bicarb soda with 1½ tablespoons water and add to the golden syrup mixture. (It will bubble whilst you are stirring together so remove from the heat.)
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on a Bakemaster baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.